University Cooperative School is Going Green in a big way! Guided by the standards for becoming a certified Washington Green School and fueled by students’ passion for the environment, we will be working on a number of exciting Going Green projects throughout the school year.
- Creating a living wall on our building with homes for birds, bats, and bees
- School-wide, student-led efforts to use less resources and create less waste, and measuring the school’s daily waste output to track our progress with the goal of sustainability
- Stream restoration in our beloved Cowen Park
- Designing and building artistic bike racks to support alternative means of getting to and from school
- Sharing our efforts with children from other schools, and learning from them
Going Green initiatives are supported by the generous donations made to University Cooperative School’s Go Green 2018 Auction Fund-A-Need.